Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cuisse de Grenouille or Cosce di Rana Or just simply Frog Leg!


Home made version
Our cousin had told us about an Italian market called "Antonio's Gourmet Market" in Raleigh. My family and I stopped by there for a second time. This store has all things Italian. I did ask for fresh rabbit, but the only ones available were frozen. Goodness, I miss my firewood guy. He was my connection to the local farm raised rabbit and duck that also supplied them to "the Inn at Little Washington", the five star French restaurant in Little Washington, Virginia.
Our daughter noticed the frog legs displayed in the seafood section at the Italian market. She immediately demanded "Mommy, I would like frog legs for dinner."
After eating frog legs at home and at a bistro in Paris, our children have grown to enjoy this delicacy. Though the frog legs were frozen...I knew what was coming...

 
There are French, Italian and Asian recipes. I took care of the legs a French way.
For 14 frog legs
Heat pan up to med. high heat
Melt 2 tbsp of Butter and add 2 tbsp of Olive oil
Mix 1 tbsp of chopped garlic, salt and pepper with the frog legs
Dust the with flour
Pan fried for about 4 min. on each side.
Add 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
Turn off the heat.

It is not hard to find good green beans, bread and wine to accompany the frog. Our kids did not give it a good rating with the frozen product.  May be I should try an Italian way next time...or better yet find fresh frog legs!
 
Devoured Frog Legs in Paris

Cheers!
Teera

No comments: